Training & Qualifications banner

The apprenticeship standard we offer is the Creative Industries Production Technician Level 3. You can find out more about what you’re expected to learn and how it is assessed on the Institute for Apprenticeships website.

Approximately 20% of your time is spent on ‘off the job’ training like training courses, shadowing and taught sessions from our partner college, with the remaining 80% of your time spent working as a trainee technician on real events. Training courses are offered by ATG Entertainment and other specialist organisations: everything from PAT testing to working at height and risk assessment to operating lighting desks.

You’ll be assessed and supported by colleagues at ATG Entertainment and an assessor from the National College for Creative & Cultural Industries, which is our partner college. At the end of your apprenticeship your final assessment will be taken with another organisation.

Apprentices are also required to hold Level 2 qualifications in English, Maths and ICT; these are compulsory and will be completed with the college during your apprenticeship if you do not already hold them.