The Ambassador Theatre Group is an extraordinary success story in the live entertainment industry. Founded in 1992 in the UK, we’ve grown into the world’s number one live-theatre company today. We cover every discipline in the theatre industry, from operating venues to ticketing platforms and producing shows. We are passionate about great shows and our ambition is to help them find the largest possible audiences.
We are seeking an experienced music programmer to join our team in New York, overseeing music strategy and acquiring events for our Northern US venues.
- Works collaboratively with programming team and venue leaders to create and fulfill music strategy as well as confirm one-night content into Northern US venues
- Represents ATG to talent agents, promoters and managers
- Coordinates offers and contract negotiations with venue management
- Presents ongoing and diverse booking opportunities
Principal area of focus
- Venues include Brooklyn, NY – Kings Theatre (3,007 seats) and Boston, MA- Colonial Theatre (1,700 seats).
- Fulfills budget requirements of venue through ambitious and diversified programming
- Develops programming towards untapped demographics
- Builds agent relationships and collects artist interest and availability
- Coordinates all self & co-promotion activity for shows booked with venue general managers and marketing teams
- Conduct market and industry research for prospective artists
- Oversees technical matters and rider requirements with venue technical staff
- Oversees distribution of all contract documents
- Significant booking experience – as a guide we expect 8 years +
- Job is NYC based, with flexibility to travel
- Knowledge of New York and/or Boston music and comedy market
- Relationships with major promoters and agents
- Knowledge of emerging talent and up and coming acts
Salary, Bonus structure, health benefits and 401(k) included in compensation package. To apply send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ATG is an equal opportunity employer.
New to ATG?
If you already work for ATG or our associated companies please use this link to apply.