Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG), one of the world’s largest entertainment companies, is seeking an experienced music programmer to oversee music strategy and acquire events for its Northern US venues. Based in New York City, this is a unique opportunity for a live music specialist.
The Director of Music Programming
- Works collaboratively with the programming team and venue leaders to design and execute music strategy as well as confirming one-night content into Northern venues
- Represents ATG to talent agents, promoters and managers
- Coordinates offers and contract negotiations with venue management
- Presents ongoing and diverse booking opportunities
- Reports to Executive Vice President of Programming with direct report of Programming Associate
- Brings music content to Kings Theatre (3,007 seats) in Brooklyn, NY and Emerson Colonial Theatre (1,607 seats) in Boston, MA
- Fulfils budget requirements of venue through ambitious and diversified programming
- Develops programming towards untapped demographics
- Builds agent relationships and collects artist interest and availability
- Coordinates all self & co-promotion activity for shows booked with venue general managers and marketing teams
- Conducts market and industry research for prospective artists
- Oversees technical matters and rider requirements with venue technical staff
- Expedites and manages the distribution of all contract documents
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Have a minimum of 10 years of previous programming experience; employment with an agency or a promotional company would be beneficial
- Possess knowledge of New York and/or Boston music and comedy market
- Have a track record of maintaining relationships with major promoters and agents
- Demonstrate knowledge of emerging talent and up and coming acts
Salary, Bonus structure, health benefits and 401(k) included in compensation package
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a stage for everyone. Onstage and off, we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing an inclusive culture. Find out more about us and our values at atg.co.uk and careers.atg.co.uk
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please place the job title in the subject line*
Nothing beats the energy and excitement of a great live performance. That’s why our mission is to bring the very best in music, theater, comedy, and more, to the largest possible number of people.
Since 1992, we’ve grown to be a world leader in live entertainment. 10 million people a year attend live performances at one of our 50 iconic venues across North America, the United Kingdom and Germany. That number keeps growing.
We partner with the world’s top creative talent and present critically acclaimed productions which have won more than 80 Tony and Olivier Awards over the years. We also operate some of the world’s most popular theatre ticketing sites, with 11 million and counting customers getting their tickets directly from us.
People are at the heart of our success. Our core values - Passionate, Smart, Collaborative and Ambitious – are about our people. Thousands of people work for ATG worldwide and it’s their passion and commitment that allows us to create great live entertainment experiences. Learn more about ATG: visit www.atg.co.uk/
ATG’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access Mission Statement: A Stage for Everyone
Our stages are a platform for compelling stories – stories that are for all, by all, and of all. We shine our spotlight on our differences and believe that understanding and celebrating these differences makes us better global citizens. We are passionate about the pursuit of true diversity and equality. We strive to make our venues beacons of these ideals in our communities. Onstage and off, we hold ourselves accountable for nurturing an inclusive culture, one in which everyone can bring their authentic selves. At ATG, we provide a stage for everyone.