Front of House
£9,500 rising to £10,000 (£19-20k FTE)
Permanent - Part Time
18-09-2018 at 12:00
Grand Opera House, 4 Cumberland Street
Downloadable Job Files
The Grand Opera House is a 1000 seat theatre in the heart of York. Converted and opening as a theatre in 1902, it has since featured a broad and popular programme of live entertainment which continues to this day. We present a broad programme of live theatre, music, comedy, and talks throughout the year from our beautiful venue near the river and many of York's tourist destinations.
We're looking for a dynamic and inspirational individual to take up the role of Deputy Customer Experience Manager, supporting the Customer Experience Manager in leading the venue's Front of House operation. You will help to drive the success of our venue by ensuring high standards in our customer-facing hospitality work. You’ll work with the Customer Experience Manager to motivate the team, collaborating with other departments in venue and across ATG and always driving revenue. Your goal is to offer an excellent experience for all our customers, be they visiting companies, theatre-going patrons or event clients. Our Deputy Customer Experience Manager should know how to lead a team to exceed targets whilst having the confidence and curiosity to innovate our offer and sales techniques. You will prioritise the safety and well-being of staff, visiting companies and customers and take genuine pride in the presentation of the venue.
Please download a job description for further details of the role.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience in managing the performance of others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An innovative and confident decision maker
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple objectives at once
- Ability to be adaptive, to prioritise, and have focused time management
- Personal Licence and First Aid qualifications are desirable but full training will be provided
18-09-2018 at 12:00