Front of House
£7.83 / £7.93 per hour
week commencing 16 October 2018
06-10-2018 at 23:00
Edinburgh Playhouse, 18-22 Greenside Place
Downloadable Job Files
Are you great with customers, but looking for something a little bit different? We’re looking for customer-focussed staff who’d like to work in our exciting, fast-paced and interesting company.
Every year we welcome thousands of people through our doors to enjoy the best in live entertainment. Whether it’s a night out with friends for a special birthday or a family’s first visit to the theatre, every visit is important. We work hard to make sure each customer leaves with those unique memories you can only get from a live show…and that they want to return again and again!
As part of our Customer Experience Team you’ll make this happen. The charismatic and welcoming face of the company, you’ll offer the highest standards of customer service and care. You’ll ensure we meet our financial targets by making customers want to return and by selling products and packages on the night, ranging from traditional programmes and ice creams to exciting new cocktails in our luxury bars.
Full of variety, this role is both fun and challenging. You’ll take responsibility for a range of tasks as part of a friendly, passionate and ambitious team, working in one of our unique venues with an ever-changing programme of events.
The Edinburgh Playhouse is Europe's largest seated theatre. Our Customer Experience Staff are responsible for providing the highest levels of customer service to our audiences at all times. Working as part of our team covering various sales areas, including bars, kiosks and an at-seat refreshments service, you will be versatile in working across the department, maximising sales whilst maintaining outstanding levels of service and customer care. This is a role that blends sales and customer experience and the ideal candidate will enthusiastically sell, whilst ensuring the overall experience is of the highest quality. Hand in hand with our busy schedule, our staff enjoy many social occasions, allowing them to bond as a team and maintain a positive work/life balance.
- To maintain outstanding levels of customer service at all times, whilst providing general assistance and guidance to all customers.
- Using knowledge gained through staff training, provide accurate product information, helping customers to make an informed decision when making purchases from our sales points.
- Working to targets, maximise Front of House sales using effective techniques, such as up-selling.
- Ensuring that all security and cash-handling procedures are adhered to at all time.
- Maintaining the general cleanliness of the Front of House areas, including the bars and auditorium, to ensure that the high standards expected by our customers are met.
- Be proactive in serving the needs of the business, carrying out any duty or working in any sales area, as required by the management.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations to maintain compliance with licensing regulations.
- Attend training courses as required, to further self-development.
- Adhere to Health & Safety procedures to minimise the risk of injury and accidents.
- Abillity and willingness to develop excellent customer service skills is essential
- Experience in a customer focused environment is essential.
- An interest and knowledge of the theatre is desirable
- Experience of ushering or bar work in an environment with high level of customer service is desirable
- Positive and helpful attitude
- Flexibility, dedication and commitment
- Ability to work and contribute as a member of the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- High dress & appearance standards and excellent time keeping.
- Reliable and takes a positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
ATG is an equal opportunities employer.
06-10-2018 at 23:00