(18-20) - £6.15, (21-24) - £7.70, (25+) - £8.21
Fixed Term Contract - Full Time and Part Time
26th July 2019
05-07-2019 at 18:00
The Ambassador Theatre Group, Alexander House, Church Path
Downloadable Job Files
If you are already an employee, use the link below to apply
The Ambassador Theatre Group is offering three exciting apprenticeship opportunities to work in a leading theatre. Each multi-skilled Apprentice Theatre Technician will work along side venue, touring and freelance technical staff, gaining an ideal opportunity to develop insight into the industry and work actively within a busy technical department. During the apprenticeship, training will be undertaken with the National College for Creative & Cultural Skills to complete Creative Venue Technician Level 3 and ABTT Bronze Award and other training relevant to the role. At the end of the contract each Apprentice will have the prerequisite skills and experience to work confidently within the industry.
Take a look at our careers site for more information about the scheme and answers to some frequently asked questions.
Locations of work
We are recruiting one Apprentice Theatre Technician to be based in each of the following theatres. Applicants must live within a commutable distance of at least one of these venues; please bear in mind the hours we work as you will need to be able to get home after a late finish.
You will spend Year 1 of your apprenticeship in one venue and Year 2 in the second; please note taking part in this apprenticeship may require you to move home or commute for which ATG will pay a relocation subsidy. Please Note: we would not be subsidising the apprentice with relocation for the DOY’s and Wimbledon apprenticeship. The aim of this is to offer you a broader range of experiences, develop a wider network in the industry and encourage you to seek out job opportunities in all ATG’s theatres.
- Princess Theatre, Torquay and the Bristol Hippodrome
- Regent Theatre and Victoria Hall, Stoke on Trent and the Palace and Opera House, Manchester
- Duke of York’s Theatre, London and the New Wimbledon Theatre
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are ambitious, determined and eager to learn
- Are self-motivated and work well as an active member of a team
- Act professionally at all times, with a positive attitude to learning and work
- Have strong attention to detail, including planning and evaluating tasks
- Have an enthusiastic approach to undertaking a wide variety of duties, to be executed to the best of their ability
- Communicate confidently, pleasantly and effectively with a wide range of people
- Enjoy working practically and have a hands-on approach to using equipment to resolve challenges
- Have an interest in live entertainment and have aspirations of working in the technical theatre industry
Please note you do not need to have worked in theatre before to apply for this role.
It is desirable to have a Level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grade C / 4-5) qualification in English and Maths. If you do not hold these qualifications already you will be supported to achieve them during the apprenticeship.
However, if you already hold a Level 3 or higher qualification in technical theatre please note this opportunity is not suitable; please register for our careers site job alerts for technical roles you may like to apply for.
Please note we can only accept applications from those aged 18 years and over due to the nature of the role.
05-07-2019 at 18:00