£21,000 per annum pro rata
Fixed Term Contract - Part Time
03-09-2019 at 23:59
Sunderland Empire, High Street West
Tyne and Wear
Downloadable Job Files
If you are already an employee, use the link below to apply
Following a commitment to supporting the Sunderland Family Art Network Sunderland Empire Creative Learning & Community Partnerships are delighted to be hosting a Family Ambassador role, in partnership with Sunderland Family Art Network and the National Family Arts Campaign. The role will be based within our multi faceted department at Sunderland Empire Theatre and provide integral support to Family Arts provision across the city.
The Family Arts Campaign is a national collaborative audience development initiative to raise the level of families engaging with arts and culture. The Campaign focuses on three main areas of work:
Since 2011, the Campaign has been core-funded by Arts Council England and from 2018-22, it joins ACE’s National Portfolio as a new Sector Support Organisation.
The Campaign operates on a consortium model and is managed by The Albany. It is steered by a Project Board comprising: The Albany, Association of British Orchestras, One Dance UK, Independent Theatre Council, Society of London Theatre, UK Theatre, Contemporary Visual Arts Network, The Audience Agency, Arts Marketing Association, and Voluntary Arts.
The Family Arts Campaign has 23 regional networks across the UK which consist of local organisations working together; sharing capacity and resources to improve family engagement. With new funding from Esmee Fairbairn, the Campaign will be employing six national ambassadors across six key regions in England.
This is an exciting opportunity to coordinate the Family Arts Network in Sunderland as part of the National Ambassador programme. As an experienced professional in the arts and cultural sector, the ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering a regional strategy to engage more families in arts, culture, and creative opportunities. This post will work closely with the Network’s partner organisations to support the coordination of collaborative activity, and report against progress to the Central Campaign team.
- Increasing the amount and range of quality
- To lead Family Arts Network activity; coordinating projects and initiatives for the Sunderland Network including consolidating the strategy of the Network around the key premise of reaching lower-engaged families in the region.
- Build relationships for the Network; engaging non-arts, charity and community partners to help reach least-engaged families.
- Contribute to best practice sharing at local networking events e.g. ‘What Next?’ for wider groups of arts organisational leads in the regions, allowing others to learn from, and connect with the Network.
- Report on Network progress to the central Campaign, supplying insights, case studies and learning for dissemination through The Campaign’s national learning programme.
- Gain insights from local families to feedback to Network group and to the Campaign, for example: through surveys or face-to-face interviews/ focus groups.
- Attend sharing sessions with fellow National Ambassadors to develop peer-learning, skills and understanding to share knowledge across Family Arts Networks.
- Develop funding strategy for network sustainability; build relationships with local funders and pursuing funding opportunities on behalf of the Networks.
- Ensure that all Network events are uploaded to the ‘Fantastic for Families’ listings site to promote opportunities to families and help widen the reach of local families attending events.
- Act as champions to encourage local organisations to sign up to the Family Arts Standards and Age-Friendly Standards.
For further details, please refer to the job description.
ATG is an equal opportunities employer.
03-09-2019 at 23:59