Freelance / Contractor
30-08-2019 at 23:59
Sunderland Empire, High Street West
Tyne and Wear
Downloadable Job Files
If you are already an employee, use the link below to apply
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships is a dynamic department which delivers a high quality programme of award winning cultural education which is locally driven, with national significance!
The team are embarking on a new invigorated strategy, which is driven by focus on IMPACT, INNOVATION & COMMUNICATION.
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships teams are passionate, multi-faceted and talented individuals. Staff are innovative in their approach to Creative Learning delivery and coordination, consciously ensuring that the local programme responds to the needs and opportunities of the area with ingenuity, finesse and integrity.
The Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Freelance Practitioners will join our pool of excellent artists & practitioners in the delivery of an exciting upcoming programme.
We are thrilled to be in the process of launching Sunderland Empire Academy of Performing Arts as we develop our venues Creative Learning & Community Partnerships offer, and seeking to work collaboratively with specialised Musical Theatre creative practitioners to join our team to support the weekly delivery and summer showcases events. We would like to welcome interest from the following creative specialisms:
- Musician/MD (Musical Theatre)
- Choreographer (Musical Theatre)
You will work with our team in a Freelance Practitioner capacity, supporting our commitment to successful working partnerships with visiting production companies, local arts organisations, businesses and schools, which feed in to the development of our wide-ranging programme of work.
As a passionate, reliable and engaging Creative Practitioner; you will support the Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Team in developing and delivering workshops/activities at Sunderland Empire Theatre and on outreach across Sunderland and the wider area.
Creative Learning & Community Partnerships are passionate, multi-faceted and talented individuals. Staff are innovative in their approach to Creative Learning delivery and coordination, consciously ensuring that the local programme responds to the needs and opportunities of the area with ingenuity, finesse and with integrity.
As a passionate, relatable and engaging Creative Practitioner; you will support the Creative Learning & Community Partnerships Team in developing a programme of workshops/activities at the Sunderland Empire Theatre and on outreach across Sunderland and the wider area.
We are looking for practitioners whose facilitation style can be tailored to a very wide cross section of young people and wider community with an awareness of the wider cultural and social development of Sunderland, as well as an understanding of the needs of the local community.
- To plan and deliver excellent learning and participatory workshops/activities
- To liaise closely with the ATG Creative Learning & Community Partnerships team, helping to maintain effective communication
- Contribute to the creation and development of education support material, project plans and workshop plans
- Support evaluation of workshops with participants, teachers/group leaders
- To work within Sunderland Empire and CLCP’s remit to provide as much access to activities as possible to people a wide range of additional needs
- To ensure that the theatre’s health and safety standards are met
- To champion the work of ATG Creative Learning & Community Partnerships, the venue and the wider strategies for the area
- To operate in line with all ATG company policy & procedures, including but not limited to Child Protection Policies, and Privacy
- To complete any other delegated tasks that may assist the CLCP department or ATG
For further details, please refer to the job description.
ATG is an equal opportunities employer.
30-08-2019 at 23:59